Navegando neste Tópico:   1 usuários anônimos

The Blues are 11-0-1 when leading after the first period. .
Just can't stay away
Cadastrado em:
24/11/2017 22:33
De california
Grupo:
Registered Users
BARCELONA, Spain -- Santiago Giraldo of Colombia beat Nicolas Almagro 7-5, 6-3 to reach the Barcelona Open final on Saturday, as his Spanish rival suffered a letdown after ousting top-ranked Rafael Nadal. Dan Marino Jersey . Giraldo will face fourth-seeded Kei Nishikori of Japan after he beat Ernests Gulbis of Latvia 6-2, 6-4 in the other semifinal on the red outdoor clay. Almagro slumped to his first loss in six meetings with Giraldo, a day after one of his biggest wins when he upset eight-time winner Nadal at the Real Club de Tenis. "Yesterdays game doesnt serve as an excuse," Almagro said. "Giraldo grazed perfection today, above all in the first set, and I couldnt find the answer." The unseeded Giraldo will be playing for his first career title on Sunday after he saved six of seven break points and finished the match with an emphatic ace. "I have always dreamed of reaching the top spots of the ATP ranking and tomorrow is a first step," Giraldo said. "But I am staying calm. I will keep to my routine and tomorrow will be a day to enjoy and play the best tennis I can." Giraldo prevailed in a match that featured several long rallies by proving more precise with his long groundstrokes. The first set was heading for a tiebreaker until Giraldo snatched it away by breaking Almagros last service game when he swatted a forehand return by the feet of the last years finalist. Almagro got an early break in the second set, but Giraldo won it right back and took control as Almagros nerves frayed with the match slipping away. "He believed more in his tennis, in how he had to play, and he barely made any mistakes," Almagro said. "I committed errors when I could have gone in front. That was the key." Earlier, Nishikoris faster movement overcame Gulbis big serve. Down a set, ninth-seeded Gulbis saved seven break points in the second before finally ceding his serve and losing the match. Nishikori will be seeking his second title of the season and fifth in his career. Kenyan Drake Jersey . In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Tonight, Michigans Nik Stauskas of Mississauga, Ontario. Cody Parkey Jersey . "[People] keep asking that question and its not a legit question because we dont have that right, we havent arrived yet," Casey responded. "Weve got to take each game at a time, each possession at a time and look at it that way. http://www.thedolphinsfansclub.com/Bl ... phins-Jersey.html?cat=902 . The 25-year-old native of Milford, Conn., has 18 points in 41 games this season. The five-foot-eight 166-pound centre also has 28 points (10-18) in 15 games with AHL Oklahoma City.ST. LOUIS -- Derek Roy needed less than 2 minutes to redeem himself Thursday night. After taking what he called a "stupid" penalty, the St. Louis centre scored a power-play goal to start a four-goal blitz that led the Blues to a 5-1 win over the struggling New York Islanders. St. Louis won for the sixth time in eight games. The Islanders have lost eight straight overall (0-6-2) and eight in a row on the road. David Backes, Jay Bouwmeester, Magnus Paajarvi and Brenden Morrow also scored for the Blues, who improved to 12-1-2 at home and tied Boston (12-3-2) for the most home wins in the NHL. Jaroslav Halak made 22 saves and upped his record to 15-4-2. Andrew MacDonald scored for the Islanders, who are 2-11-2 in their last 15 games. Roy took a tripping penalty that led to MacDonalds tying power-play goal at 5:19 of the second period. "I was pretty mad about the penalty," Roy said. "And they ended up scoring on it. When I got out of the box, I wanted to redeem myself -- and luckily I got the chance to." Roy pounced on the rebound of a shot from Kevin Shattenkirk to give the Blues a 2-1 lead at 7:02. "I think he felt better about himself," St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock said of Roy. "His goal seemed to energize us." Just more than 2 minutes later, Backes scored a power-play goal on a wrist shot from the top of the circle. Paajarvi increased the advantage to 4-1 with his second of the season, capping a three-goal burst in 7:57. "It was a huge period for us," Paajarvi said. "The whole team really came back to its game." St. Louis was 3 for 6 on the power play after managing one goal in its previous 10 chances. "Thhe power-play goals really put us in a hole," New York centre John Tavares said. Larry Csonka Jersey. "Its the same thing again. (Were) just not good enough." St. Louis power play struggled in back-to-back losses to San Jose and Los Angeles, the teams first two-game regulation losing skid of the season. Shattenkirk, who assisted on two man-advantage goals Thursday, said the club made it a point to shore up the unit. "We just got back to simple things, getting pucks to the net and working on winning the battles," he said. "We got back to what we do best: shooting pucks and getting bodies out in front." New York goalie Anders Nilsson lost for the first time in regulation in his third start of the season. He made 21 saves. "We all know in the locker room that we have to step it up," Nilsson said. "Everybody has got to look in the mirror and see what you can do better." The Islanders, who are 3-10-0 on the road, have given up a league-high 27 power-play goals. "Its tough what were going through," Tavares said. "The only thing that is going to get us out of it is better execution." NOTES: The Blues are 11-0-1 when leading after the first period. ... Islanders G Evgeni Nabokov, who is out with a groin injury, practiced Wednesday and could rejoin the team in a week. ... New York started a five-game road swing that will end Dec. 12 in Phoenix. ... Paajarvi was back in the lineup after missing the previous game with the flu. ... St. Louis won the previous meeting between the teams 5-1 on Feb. 16, 2012. ... The Blues killed off 15 successive penalties at home before MacDonalds power-play goal in the second period. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Enviado em: Hoj 1:04:02
Transferir mensagem para outros aplicativos Transferir

Você pode exibir os tópicos.